Saturday, November 14, 2009

Primary Activity

For those of you that may not know, I am the stake primary president for my stake. One of the responsibilities that comes with that calling, is putting together a stake primary activity day. Mainly because the wards are really small and don't put on their own ward activity days. Well, today was the activity. I woke up exhausted and stressed to the max. I looked out the window and it was SNOWING!!! Gratefully that didn't seem to affect our attendance at all.

My presidency and I were frantically trying to get everything set up on time because we were the only 4 who went early. However, once the kids started streaming in, things fell into place. THANK GOODNESS!!! We had our activity based around service because of it being near the holidays, and the November sharing time is all about service.

We divided the kids into 3 groups and rotated them between three different activities. One room we tied fleece blankets. We are planning to donate them to safe houses for women and children around Provo. The toddlers could have cared less but the older kids really liked that room. The next room we painted the kids hands and put them on aprons to decorate for the bishops and stake presidency members. I think this may have been the favorite room. The aprons turned out way cute too! I'm excited to give them to our wonderful Bishops and stake presidency! And lastly they decorated little cards to attach to goodie bags, aka Turkey grams. The are supposed to give it to someone to show them they are grateful for them. Hopefully thats what they did instead of eat the candy and cookies themselves. :)

After all the rotations, we ate lunch. It was so chaotic, I loved it! The kids were having a good time playing, the parents got to relax and eat for a bit and us as a presidency could finally relax. The hard part was over. All we had left to do was cleanup!!!!

Overall, I think it went great. This is by far the biggest activity I have ever planned, and I was pleased with how it went. We had about 40 kids with probably 20-25 adults there to keep them on task. Needless to say, I came home and pretty much collapsed on the couch. Callie and I took naps while Nick watched the football game. :)

I do need to say how great Nick was during all this week. I have been slowly panicking with each day getting closer to the activity. And Nick has been so good to take care of Callie for me and help me wherever I needed it. He took Callie and our friend's little boy Madsen today, and they both had a blast thanks to him. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands!

And my mom flew in this week to watch my sister's kids, and she helped me SO much this week too! It couldn't have been better timing. I was in charge of getting all of the fleece and cutting it up. I couldn't have done it without my mom, especially because she cut all the ties for me too! That took a lot of time and she is amazing!

Well, this is really long. I'm just excited everything went so well and that its OVER! Now, on to writing papers... (only 4 full weeks left of school!!!!!!)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great activity! You're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madsen had so much fun. Thank you for planning such an awesome activity and thank you so much to Nick for being so willing to watch him. I wish I could have gone, the timing just didn't work out. But I'm glad Madsen still got to go. He was so excited about it the night before. He kept asking to go to his nursery activity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things always fall into place. It's Heavenly Father's way of saying, wow you worked hard, here's a great product. I'm glad it went well! Hooray...I'll see you in 6 weeks in warm AZ. Or maybe sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome wonder woman!

    ReplyDelete