Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In need...

So I have finally reached the breaking point. Every semester I hit that point where I am so done with schoolwork. I have the hardest time motivating myself to get anything done with school and will go out of my way to procrastinate. For instance, during spring term, instead of studying for my finals, I deep cleaned my kitchen. I haven't done that yet (though I really need to) but I'm pretty close. I've been going to school now for 20 months strait, the past 8 of which have been full time with a child... I'm going a little crazy and kind of don't care what my grades look like anymore. (I say that, but deep down I am still the goody two shoes who has to get straight A's...) Any words of advice???? I have a test I am supposed to be studying for. But I've done so well on the past two, that I just don't care. I want to just take it without studying... but knowing how hard these tests are, that would be suicide. Uggghhh... Only 5 more months till graduation!!!!

8 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! The end is in sight! Maybe have Nick give you a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are soo close to being finished!! Done!! No more school!! Don't give up now!! Finish what you started!! You will feel soo happy once you are graduated and done! I will pray for you! And like the comment above have Nick give you a blessing! You can do this! You are one tough girl!! Finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there!!! You can do it! You are an inspiration for finishing school with little Callie. I know she's a handful! You're amazing. and Heavenly Father knew you could do this or you wouldn't be doing it :) I vote we go out for pie at the end of the semester. Whad'ya say? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just come visit us, that will cure EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it Christine!!! You're one of the strongest people I know. Just breathe and take it one day at a time. Set small goals like "I'll study for 15 minutes and then take a break" and gradually increase it.... and make sure to do something you ENJOY at least once a day... even if it's for 10-15 minutes.

    PS.... I'm dying to see you guys, so make a countdown " such and such days to I see Alicia" lol... even though I'm sure you're much more excited about your own family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's ok to give yourself a little break now and then--an entire free weekend where you do nothing school related! it makes it a little crazy the next week (and can be stressful) but i hit a point where i just CAN'T do any more school work or my head will explode.

    and yes, it does end soon! you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A professor once gave me great advice when I was stressed out. He said to pick a book, a rather brainless-don't-have-to-think-while-I-read-book, and just read it. He said taking your mind of life, just escaping, can help. But by picking a rather short book, you limit your fantasy--you're still in control.

    It definitely helped.

    And I definitely picked Harry Potter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember those days all too well! But you are SO CLOSE to being done, which has to feel great. You should take time every single day to do something for yourself, whether it be reading a couple chapters of a book of your choice, watching So You Think You Can Dance, or exercising. I found that when I was getting totally burned out, it helped to just take a small break so I was working on overdrive all the time.

    ReplyDelete