This weekend Nick and I went on a date. I think we can count on one hand the number of dates we went on this semester. We have both been really busy and I felt bad taking Callie to yet another babysitter since she already went to friends' houses everyday of the week for a few hours. So this weekend we finally let our hometeachers serve us so we could go on a date! We had sold our books back to the bookstore right before we left, so we let ourselves splurge more than normal to celebrate the end of a very long and challenging semester.
First up was dinner. We went to our new favorite, Gloria's Little Italy. Its this way cute, hole in the wall place on Center and University. Its a little pricier than Olive Garden, but not much. Thus far we have only gone there when we have a coupon. :) I got spinach ravioli-LOVE IT! Although, I'm always a little taken aback when the color of the ravioli is green. The other places I have gotten it at the ravioli was the regular pasta color. But its good! And I always have leftovers because the give you so many!
We finished eating at 6:30, an hour earlier than we thought we would. Since we had time before we told our friends we'd be back to pick up Callie, we decided to go bowling at BYU. We played 2 games, and here is the history- I BEAT NICK THE FIRST GAME!!! For those of you that don't know, bowling is a big part of Nick's childhood. His grandpa always competed in bowling tournaments and I think his great grandparents owned a bowling alley... Either way, Nick usually murders me. But apparently my learning curve (since we bowl about once a year now) was much quicker than his on the first game. I even got a strike! :) I beat him 78-77. It was a nailbiter at the end. Then he remembered his successful bowling techniques and killed me the second game. But now I can always say, I beat him at bowling! Sadly I didn't have the camera with me to document this historic event.
Then we picked up Callie, put her to bed and rented Harry Potter 6. I forgot how long that movie is. This is the one movie I saw in theatres this year. I fell asleep right when the movie started to pick up! I missed the last 45 minutes or so. Oh well, I'm sure we'll watch it again.
Oh, and I only have 2 more finals to go!!! Than we'll be in AZ on Saturday! Wahoo! Let vacation begin!
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you. A little splurge every now and then is great! Can't wait to see you in AZ!
ReplyDeleteYay for dates and almost finishing finals!! :) I think I have also only beaten Jeff once in bowling. Glory in your victory, girl!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you two got to go on a date! You deserve it! And way to go Christine!
ReplyDelete