Nick took 2 parts of a mortgage test and passed both! He is now officially licensed!
Callie finally got to develop relationships with both sets of grandparents and absolutely LOVES them! On our drive home she saw an older woman in a car next to us and called her grandma. Apparently anyone who looks middle age is now grandma or papa.
Callie figured out how to climb out of her crib. We did remedy this after a few days by simply moving her crib. It moved her farther away from the bed so she couldn't just fling herself onto the bed and then climb down.
Our camera broke on Christmas day! I almost cried when this happened. It fell on tile and we figured it would cost as much to get it fixed as it would to get a new camera. Thanks to post-Christmas deals, we got our exact camera with better megapixels and zoom, for less than our original. However, because this happened, I have practically no pictures with Nick's family.
We got to see the Larsen's and the Waite's! Yay for hanging out with old Provo friends!
Callie still has no fear when it comes to animals. Above, she immediately latched on to Timbre as soon as she jumped on the couch. The poor dog looked at me with this helpless expression and was so patient until Callie finally let go.
Callie also went to the zoo for the first time! And the animal she was most fascinated with? The ducks. They were everywhere. She loved saying "quack, quack" the entire time we were there.
For New Year's, our best friends came over (our 4th year in a row, yay for traditions!) and my parents hung out with us because they wanted to play games. Us 4 couples played Cranium and my parents won! Not to mention they joined us in toasting in the New Year with Martinelli's and our annual Pazookie.
I got to have my annual Sister's scrapbook week with my 3 older sisters, and my oldest sister surprised us by coming. She had said she couldn't come, but then came walking through the front door on our first day! We had fun scrapbooking, shopping and rockin' it up on Rock Band!
Callie's vocab almost tripled while we were there. She walks around the house jabbering, and I can actually make sense of most of it! I love it! Although I have to be sure to watch what I say because she definitely is in mimic mode now. :)
We had a wonderful trip and holiday and I hope everyone else had a great one as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment