Friday, December 11, 2009

Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry

This is one of my FAVORITE meals currently. Luckily Nick really likes it too, and we're working on getting Callie to like it. It is super easy, so I thought I'd share!

Pineapple chicken stir-fry
2 tsp. Canola Oil
2 Cups of diced, cooked chicken
1 10 oz. stir fry mix, thawed (I usually use the 16 or 18oz packages, however big they are, it just gives you more veggies! My favorite is the Great Value, Sugar snap pea mix)
1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
1/4 pineapple juice (Drain from the can of pineapple)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 15 ox can diced pineapple

1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all ingredients except pineapple. Cook till heated through (only takes 7-10 minutes generally)
2. Dish up and top with pineapple!

I usually make white rice and put the veggies and pineapple on top of it. This dish tastes great as leftovers too! I would say this serves between 3-4 people depending on how much you eat. We always have leftovers when Nick and I make it. However, after 2 hours or so, you are REALLY hungry again. I need to figure out a good side dish to do with it, but I'm not sure what yet. It already has grains, veggies, and chicken in the main dish! Hopefully you guys like this too! If you come up with a good side dish, let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I'll have to try this one. Thanks for sharing and GOOD LUCK with finals this week!

    ReplyDelete