Yes, you read that right. This weekend is our stake conference and Elder Perry is presiding. Tonight was the adult session so Nick and I got there early and sat in the very front row. Elder Perry was only 10 feet away from us! As soon as he walked in and sat down, he saw Callie and was waving and trying to play with her. She waved back and held her arms out for him to pick her up. Smart girl! Throughout the meeting he would smile at her and just enjoy watching her and the other kids. At the end of the meeting there were of course lots of people wanting to shake Elder Perry's hand so we figured we would too. When we went up there, he saw Callie and said "This is the one I have been wanting to meet all night!" He shook her hand and she was all smiles. Too cute! Nick and I shook his hand too. How cool is that!
Saturday, March 21, 2009
We met Elder Perry!!
Yes, you read that right. This weekend is our stake conference and Elder Perry is presiding. Tonight was the adult session so Nick and I got there early and sat in the very front row. Elder Perry was only 10 feet away from us! As soon as he walked in and sat down, he saw Callie and was waving and trying to play with her. She waved back and held her arms out for him to pick her up. Smart girl! Throughout the meeting he would smile at her and just enjoy watching her and the other kids. At the end of the meeting there were of course lots of people wanting to shake Elder Perry's hand so we figured we would too. When we went up there, he saw Callie and said "This is the one I have been wanting to meet all night!" He shook her hand and she was all smiles. Too cute! Nick and I shook his hand too. How cool is that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so cool!!
ReplyDeleteawwww Callie is definitely way to hard to resist. What a fun story to tell her when she's older. :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! That's so exciting for Callie and you! I'd love to shake his hand. :)
ReplyDeleteAWE-SOME!
ReplyDelete