Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 years!

Married at last!

Lots of smooches...
Aren't these kids the cutest? You ask for a funny face, they'll give it to you!
My family
Nick's family... obviously :)
yea, we got a little carried away with the line. If I were to change anything about that day, it would be to not have any bridesmaids or groomsmen, it was way too much work!

March 10, 2007 Nick and I were sealed in the Mesa, AZ temple at 11:15 am. Last night as we were getting ready for bed, I asked Nick what some of his favorite memories are from that day. Here are some of them:
-He cried during the sealing, and I didn't. He still likes to tease me about that.
- When we "fed" (more like smashed) cake to each other, I got it on his tux when I had warned him for weeks prior that he better not get cake on my dress or else...

Some of my memories are:
-That morning when I was getting ready, I was SO nervous. I thought for sure Nick was going to not show up. I kept my blinds open in my room so I could watch for him. As soon as I saw him pull up, I immediately had this overwhelming peace. One last sign this was the right thing to do!
- Due to construction delays on the freeway, my grandparents almost missed the sealing! They walked in just seconds before the sealer said he couldn't stall anymore.
- The food. Even though I didn't get to eat very much, I loved it.
- Seeing his face when he saw me in my dress for the first time. I felt like a princess. :)

These past two years have been amazing. I am so lucky to have married such a wonderful guy. Everyday he reminds me why I made the choice to marry him. People are always so surprised when we tell them we have never gotten in a fight. That is still true. We are able to talk through our differences without raising our voices or getting defensive. Hopefully that continues through the years!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure that was a lot of work to have all those bridesmaids and such. However, I had a super fun time being one :) except for crying all day because it was weird that you were married. I'm so happy for you and Nick. What an accomplishment to say you've never gotten in a fight. I can't say the same for Ryan and I, but I can say that I don't remember the last time we did. It's so much better to talk things out rather than get angry. I love you both... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine! Congrats! I was also wondering if you still have the CD of pictures I gave you, or if they are saved on your computer? Somehow mine got all scratched up and I haven't been able to recover them. I would love to have them, though, so that I can do a scrapbook page of it. Let me know, and maybe you could make me a copy again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, we still have the cds you gave me. I will make copies for you! You'll have to give me your address, I'm not sure if I have your Kingman one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 2 years! That is so great. It is always so fun to look back on your wedding day. It sounds like you and Nick's was fantastic!

    And at least you let Nick smash wedding cake, I told Zach he couldn't do it at all. So now in our wedding pictures he looks really mad when we are eating our first bite. haha, that's not going to be so great for posterity to look back on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww yay :) Thanks for the picture and the recap. I enjoyed reading that. If it helps, Jeff cried during our sealing and I didn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete