Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

So, for my senior year in high school, I took a class called Aspire to Teach. It was for all of us who were contemplating going into teaching for our career. The last quarter of the year, we actually got to work in a classroom one hour each day. I absolutely loved it! i worked with these adorable first graders. The reason I am telling you this is one of my favorite St. Patrick's day's was spent with these little guys. We had told them earlier in the week about leprechaun's and how they are mischievous and like to play jokes for fun. Well, we were helping them make these adorable hats with beards attached (you know, to make them Irish...). And they kept coming up to us saying they couldn't find the green crayons, green markers and green scissors... Eventually we helped them to realize LEPRECHAUNS must have come while they were at recess! So then they had to find the missing stuff which were hidden in the classroom. It was complete chaos for 10 minutes. 30 six year olds were tearing this room apart trying to find the green items. It was classic. I LOVED IT! They were having so much fun. Eventually one of the kids found it and we got them calmed down and back to working on their project. Ah, I miss those days of teaching... I'm in the wrong major.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. You should do stuff like that with Calleigh when she's older. Or Callie. Dang. Now I'm all confused, but you know the cutie that I mean. ;)

    ReplyDelete