For those of you who haven't heard yet, we are moving this week! I am excited/anxious/nervous/sad, etc. Gotta love being pregnant and all of the emotions you can have in one experience. :) We have been watching this complex ever since the beginning of the summer, but they didn't know if there would be anything open come July/August. But this apartment we are getting has been open for over a month and we just kept waiting and waiting till we finally called them, looked at it, filled out an application and signed a contract! The timing has been perfect. We actually got the keys when we filled out the contract, even though our official move in date was the 14th. So we have been able to slowly move a little everyday. The complex is great. It has a pool and lots of swingset/playgrounds throughout. And there are kids EVERYWHERE! We also just met one of our neighbors and she said our upstairs neighbor has a little girl Callie's age! Wahoo! Hopefully they can be friends. Another huge blessing from this apartment is it is only a 2 minute drive to Nick's office. Nick goes back a forth a few different times everyday so that will be so nice to only have a 2 minute drive instead of the normal 15. And some of my favorite upgrades this new home has to offer:
washer/dryer hookups
dishwasher
3 bedrooms
HUGE closet under the stairs (it is so big, but really dark. I'm a little nervous about meeting scary critters down there...)
DOWNSTAIRS unit. Callie can jump all she wants now.
A huge kitchen with about 5X the counter space I have now!
Our bedroom is big enough to fit both our bed and our extra desk so I can now have a permanent craft area!
Real family ward. I have absolutly loved being in our student ward. But I miss young women. I really hope I get called to be in YW's... I have been in primary for 3 years now. Hopefully I'll get a change.
One thing I don't like is we will no longer have internet. Well, at least until we decide we can fit it in the budget and start paying for it. We can use the internet at Nick's office, but I probably won't go there very often. So be warned, the blogging will seriously decrease after this weekend. But we will keep you posted on how the pregnancy/delivery goes.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well feel free to come back over and use our internet ;) I'm excited for you guys though, it'll be a nice upgrade!
ReplyDeletefamily wards still have primary, so be warned! Chasing 4 year olds is not very different from the (essentially) 3 year old I already have...
ReplyDeletecongrats on the move though! sounds like a well deserved step up.
I'm so glad you got that apartment. I know you were really excited about it when we talked. It's always nice to have a little more room to stretch out and enjoy. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! We are moving this weekend too! Haha, to Tempe. Feel free to check out the blog for details. I'm happy for you guys. Its nice to move to a new place sometimes. Especially when its bigger and better. So excited for baby boy Alexander!
ReplyDelete