Well, with graduation and everything else that has entailed, I haven't posted much about Callie. So here are some pretty dang cute pictures of her with some new personality traits she has developed:
-She has given up naps. This seriously happened the week of finals. Luckily Nick and I didn't have very many so it was easy to alternate our schedules and not be jipped of study time while she was sleeping. But it sure makes for long, cranky days sometimes.
-She says 5 and 6 word sentences but every single one starts with "I want..." I'm not sure where she learned that but I have yet to hear a sentence that does not start with that. While I'm glad her language is coming along so well, I'm trying to encourage her to say other types of sentences.
-She is getting better at letting me wash her hair. She loves bath time, but absolutely HATES getting her hair wet and rinsing the shampoo out afterwards. But now we have minimal crying/screaming when that time comes.
-She LOVES going to the park, swings, or Tata and Ham's house. (Jessica and Sam) I am trying to be better about spending time outside, that usually tires her out to where if I put on a movie she just might fall asleep on the couch like in the picture above. (although the weather needs to stop bringing all of these storms. They are messing up our play schedule)
-She has a sweet tooth just like her mommy. She and I have shared many a treat together. :)
-She is becoming interested in potty training. I actually sat her on the potty for the first time last week, nothing happened, and she only sat for 5 seconds but she thought she was pretty dang cool. However, she hasn't asked to sit on it since. We'll see when that happens.
She has only been 2 for 2 months now but she has changed so much it is ridiculous! In a single day she makes me go from being frustrated, mad, happy, playful, crying, laughing, and exhausted. Although, I guess that is just the life of a mother, huh?
It was night and day when Scotty turned two...I still remember sitting on the couch after putting him to bed and thinking "where did my sweet little boy go? what happened here?!" as it seems like EVERYTHING became a battle. People tell me 3 is worse but I plug my ears to drown them out--I don't want to know! He's been much more cooperative since turning 2.5 so we've had some nice, well deserved months of peace before another storm...
ReplyDeletegood luck, hang in there! and scotty's naps came back, so you can always hope...
Cute post!! Just remember that even though she may not seem like it, she's innocent and she brightens your life :)
ReplyDeleteI know I haven't experienced TWO yet... but I have experienced Hannah the teething DEVIL so I can imagine how frustrating it can be.
You are a GREAT mom and I love you!
And Hannah HATES her hair being washed too. hmmm??
I tell E to 'put her chin up' and she's learned to do it really well so that the water drains off the back of her head. he used to hate bath times too. I'm just glad she still takes naps. I need that break time in the middle of the day.
ReplyDeleteSo are you guys still thinking of moving to the Orem/Lindon area?? Because WE ARE! I'm sure Kylie and Callie could pick up where they left off so I'm hoping we're close enough to get together still!
ReplyDelete