Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy V-day!

Callie's cute new skirt from grandma, completed by her cheesy smile. :)
This is Callie's frowny face. I'm not sure why but she does it a lot.

These gorgeous flowers and the balloon were left on our porch on Friday for me to find. There was no note attached so I was a little confused. Luckily, I recognized the vase was ours (we only have one) so I thought it was safe to assume they were mine and bring them inside. Thanks honey!
We had a fun valentine's weekend! Friday night we went to our stake's valentine's dance. The past 2 years we have gone, Nick and I made quite the reputation for ourselves because of our... energy on the dancefloor. This year I'm not sure we lived up to it, but we still had fun! We took Callie to the nursery that was provided but she only lasted 45 minutes. We brought her out on the dance floor with us and she was tearing it up!!! I was so sad I didn't have my camera! It was fun to have the 3 of us dance together. Lets just say Callie slept great that night after dancing for an hour and not getting to bed until 10...
Saturday we went to eat at Gloria's Little Italy, our favorite restaurant. We got there at 4:30, figuring we'd beat all the traffic, which we did. However, after being seated, we waited, and waited and waited for 20 minutes before we got up to walk out. No one had come and talked to us at all! Not even just to see how were doing, if we needed help (we were supposed to get a chair for Callie and they never gave it to us so we were fighting her the whole time we were waiting). So we got up to walk out, passed the manager on the way out, and he got us to sit back down. (we were hoping we'd get a discount but alas, that wasn't the case) After that everything was fine. For the holiday they changed their menu so we got an entire course (everything from the appetizer to dessert) for only $25! That was fun because normally we would have spent that much just on the entrees. But Nick had a hard time enjoying himself because he was so upset about our rough start. It was still good though!
On Sunday Nick and I spoke in church on the temple. I didn't have the best attitude about it, because we always get asked to speak on holiday weekends or during finals. Either way, they went well. I spoke about a mile a minute because it felt like forever since I had given a talk in church. I do trainings a lot for my calling and I'm never nervous for those but oh well. I was grateful when they were done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment