Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Host

I recently finished The Host by Stephenie Meyer (the same author of Twilight). Now, keep in mind I wasn't crazy about the Twilight series. I thought they were incredibly creative, but to be perfectly honest, Bella bugged the crap out of me. She was way too whiny for my taste, but the action was fun. I had heard The Host was fairly good so I thought I'd try it out. Again, I have no idea where this woman gets her ideas from, but it was still a little too strange for me. The last 50-100 pages were totally predictable for me, and the middle was a little slow at parts. However, it was... intriguing. I thought I would put that out there in case anyone is interested. I am currently reading Uglies but Scott Westerfield, it is teen fiction but is so interesting. I read 200+ pages in about 3 hours. Very fast read and I like it better than Stephenie Meyer's books. It has 3 more books in the series, Pretties, Specials and Extras. I would definitely recommend it thus far. But, if you are gonna check it out at the library, you will probably have to put it on hold, I am currently # 24 and 25 for the 2nd and 3rd books...

2 comments:

  1. I love your opinion. Keep 'em coming. I need some new good books and have no idea what to read. So please keep blogging about it. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, I'll get right on those!

    ReplyDelete