
Our friends Brett and Nicki hosted the Wacky Waite Olympics. Complete with torch ceremony, 8 events and medal ceremonies. Each couple represented a country. Nick and I were Jamaica, Brett and Nicki were Brazil and Derek and Kori were Mozambique. We started off with a delicious meal to get us ready to compete. Sorry, there are lots of pictures from this historic event. :) We had such events such as bubble blowing, licorice eating, javelin (straw wrappers), discus(throwing cds), feather blowing, egg toss, frisbee throw, candle sprint, and shotput (throwing bocce balls).

Derek got second because Brett came out of nowhere and got a crazy fast time. Come to think of it, Brett placed in every event. I guess we should have had drug testing... :)


In the all around, Brett and Nicki aka Brazil placed first. Drat.

Nick and I in our hot matching outfits. We got third all around. :(

Derek and Kori came from behind to take second!

Yes, we had medal ceremonies for each event, complete with the country's true national anthem. Surprisingly, Jamaica's was pretty low key. You would have thought it would have steel drums or something like that.

I was the only girl to place in this event. I was pretty excited.

The decorations for our torch ceremony, complete with food!
THat is a great idea! I want to do that with some of the couples in our ward. So fun!
ReplyDeletethat looks like it was a blast! hmm... maybe we should have gotten in better with the Waite's ;o) there's always Arizona!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! What a super fun idea! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea. That sounds super fun!
ReplyDelete