Recently, Nick and I have hit up Redbox quite a few times. I thought people may be interested on what we thought of the movies we saw.
The Proposal: This movie was HILARIOUS! Even Nick loved it. We were laughing during the entire movie and it was clean... except for one scene. Stupid producers, they always have to throw in some nudity, sex, whatever. There was a scene (and it seemed to last FOREVER) where both Sandra Bullock and the guy are completely naked and just covering the essentials. Its supposed to be funny, because they still hate each other and are pretending to be engaged and whatnot. But we didn't find it very amusing. I was so disappointed with that scene. I really wanted to buy that movie till I saw that part.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past: If you like movies all about sex jokes, this is for you. I thought this would be a cute movie about how the bad boy becomes a good boy. Wrong. Matthew McConahey is a famous photographer, who only photographs women in lingerie... that gives you a good set up for the rest of the movie. Needless to say it was a waste of time and there was only one funny scene. And personally, I didn't really buy into his good boy character once he changed. I didn't think he did that great of a job.
Monsters Vs. Aliens: HILARIOUS!!!!! This was such a good movie. Nick and I were laughing the entire time. B.O.B. is my favorite character, he has no brain which you can imagine gives way to some very funny lines from him. :) I can't remember anything in there I wouldn't mind my kids seeing (granted, I only watched it once, so don't quote me). And it had some pretty big names as the voices. Such as Reese Witherspoon, one of my favorites, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie (House) and some others that I didn't know but Nick did. Either way, we decided to put that on the Christmas List.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have to agree with you on what you said. Ghosts of Girlfriend's Past was just too "naughty" for both Michael and I. I was talking with Michael's cousin's wife and she said that's Matthew for you. The Proposal was cute though. The other bad scene was when they took Sandra Bullock to the bar or whatever and a guy "danced" for her. It's the guy that plays Oscar on the Office. As for Monster's vs. Aliens, such a cute movie and very appropriate.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your review last Saturday, Zach and I rented Monsters vs. Aliens. It had never caught my eye before, but we thought it was a great movie! Thanks for the recommendation! You will have to write movie reviews more often!
ReplyDelete